Monoclonal antibodies (also called moAbs or mAbs) are proteins made in laboratories that act like proteins called antibodies in our bodies. Antibodies are parts of the immune system. A moAb works by recognising and finding specific proteins on cells. Each moAb recognises one particular protein. They work in different ways depending on which protein they are targeting. MoAbs are produced by immunising a mouse with a target antigen, thereby eliciting an immune response. The B lymphocytes obtained from the immunised mouse spleen produce antibodies against the target antigen. Further, B lymphocytes are fused with myeloma cell lines, thereby allowing the production of an infinite number of cells.
- It represents a single antibody molecule that binds to antigens with the same affinity and promotes the same effector functions.
- The product of a single hybridoma reacts with the same epitopes on antigens.
- Its characterization is not required, and hence large quantities are not required for the production of antibodies.
- It is possible to select for specific epitope specificities and generate antibodies against a wider range of antigenic determinants.
- Unlimited quantities of a single well-defined monospecific reagent
To support the Indian scientific community and accelerate their research, BTL Biotechno Labs Pvt. Ltd., a channel partner of HuaBio offer a wide range of monoclonal antibodies having reactivity to human, rats, mouse, zebrafish, rabbit, Sars-Cov-2 and M13 phage. Founded in 2007, HuaBio is committed to providing antibodies that help make scientific discoveries reproducible. They combine the recombinant technology platform with aggressive validation tests in order to produce the most reliable, accurate, and cutting-edge antibodies with uncompromised quality for every researcher.For more details, please follow the below link: